2009 Back in the Day!!! J/K

 
Here are some pictures of my classroom from 2009. At this point, this was my third year teaching after college which gave me a chance to take the time to collect Seuss themed items for school. I purchased things from flea markets, various websites, teacher stores, and even had hand drawn items such as my class count Sneetch.
  I try my best to teach the kids to respect out classroom and keep everything neat and tidy once they are done playing.
This is my circle time spot. The job chart, home/school chart, weather and class count (sneetch) are all on the back wall. On the right is our calendar, months of the year, word wall, and topic board which gets changed weekly depending on the theme.
This was the door design I used at the beginning of the school year. It says, "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Welcome to Our Room". I got the idea off from a website and just modified it to to fit my style. I used a cricut to cut out the letters and I cut out the palm tree leaves with a template I drew.
This was my library and listening center. As you can see, I LOVE Seuss books. The stuffed animals are from Kohls. I have since collected more Seuss things for the 2012-2013 school year.
This is a view from the door, I took this picture prior to rearranging the posters and word wall. I usually change themes every 2 years or so. I did an ocean theme this past school year, but miss my Seuss stuff. So here we go again crawling in the attic yet again to get it all down (especially in this Texas heat where the heat idex is 110 degrees out during the summer)!! Ah, but I love making my classrooms inviting for my students. My next task is to see how I can top last years classroom design. I'll keep coming through old pictures. You'll definately see major progress from when I first started teaching and had nothing since I was broke and right out of college. :)

~Bre

0 Response to "2009 Back in the Day!!! J/K"

Post a Comment